LFFP is excited to release the 2013 Summer Peace Camp schedule. This year, we hope to return to El Salvador. We will continue our longstanding partnership with UUCA (Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington) and Perry School Center, while continuing at Mount Rainier, the mother of all our peace camps in the DC metro area. For the fourth year, we will welcome children of TASSC families from around the world to peace camps, including at Cheverly, MD. Our new camps will be at UUCR in Rockville and Stuart Center in Brookland, DC. Family Camp over supper will repeat at Church of the Reformation on Capitol Hill.
We are currently serving 400 elementary and junior high aged children and 150 service learning young adults each summer. Each day is a new adventure as youth participate in games, songs, crafts, dramas and service projects that affirm their spirits stimulate their compassion and equip them to disarm both themselves and their 'enemies'.
If you are interested in having LFFP host a camp or workshop at your location or provide training materials, please contact email@example.com. See below for the peace camps already scheduled for the summer, including nine with open enrollment.
Peacemaking skills are on the rise. Help us spread the germ of peace!
- June 17: Peace Leaders (Mount Rainier)
- June 24: UUCA (Arlington, VA) - Register online - Open
- July 1: UUCA (Arlington, VA) - Register online - Open
- July 8: UUCA (Arlington, VA) - Register online - Open
- July 15: Maria, Madre de los Pobres, San Salvador
- July 22: Stuart Center (Brookland DC) - Open (Registration Form Below)
- July 29: Cheverly (MD) - Open (Regristration Form Below) - and at Perry School Center (DC)
- August 5: UUCR (Rockville, MD) - Open
- August 11: Church of the Reformation (Capitol Hill DC) at night for families - Open
- August 12: Mount Rainier (MD) - Open (Registration Form Below)
Peace Leader Opportunities
Designed specifically for older campers to learn peace skills and become counselors-in-training, are offered at most of our camps this summer. The first camp of the summer prepares them. See staff application below.
To learn more about LFFP Summer Peace camps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Peace Camp Registration Form 2013.pdf||68.26 KB|
|LFFP CAMP POSITIONS 4-1-13.doc||35 KB|