Summer Camp Sites
For information on enrollment at any of our summer camp sites or to set up a peace camp in your community or organization, email email@example.com
Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington (UUCA)
- Children of UUCA community members as well as low-income communities across the D.C. metropolitan area are invited to this day camp that is held for a week at UUCA off Route 50 in Arlington.
- At-risk children and teens enrolled in Perry Center, Inc.’s three-week summer camp engage in peace classes every day of the program as well as weekly peace field trips, most often visiting the Oasis.
- At-risk children and teens of D.C.’s Ward 5 are welcomed to six weeks of Monday Night Peace Hour summer enrichment series.
Encounter the Gospel of Life
- LFFP hosts a justice and service week for East Coast Catholic teens who gather in D.C. for a week, engaging in service-learning teaching our Sursum Corda peace children.
- Elementary and middle school students from across Mt. Rainier and its surrounding communities are welcome to sign-up for one of two weeks of peace camp held during the summer.
- Peace Leaders Week: Summer 2009 marked LFFP’s first Peace Leaders week, a camp designed specifically for older campers to learn peace education and become junior counselors-in-training
- Madre de los Pobres Church in San Salvador
- First to third grade students, along with their teachers and support staff, experience the welcoming check-in circle, interactive and musical presentations, win-win games, hero and role-playing skits, and present a display of what they learned to their parents and to pre-schoolers.